Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Living life on purpose

I'm feeling very content these days - It may be a sign of maturity, life circumstances, or choices that I've made.

One of the top contributors to recent happiness is a change in employment. I started a dream job at the Humane Society of Indianapolis. I am the operations dept. assistant; I run the vaccine clinic, provide volunteers with their basic training, and do research and special projects as needed. I LOVE going to the Humane Society for work every day. My feelings of well being are tremendously better than when I worked in insurance. Sure, the money was great, and the office was close, and I worked for a good company in Indianapolis - but I was certainly unhappy and marinating in stress.

Now, on Mondays and Tuesdays, I don't get home until 8:30 or 9pm. Amazingly, I still have the energy to come home and cook dinner. I've made specific choices to simplify my life to make room for this career change.

In college, I had this vision of becoming a successful entrepreneur or a corporate ladder climber with a large company. I got swept up in this game and didn't take the time to search out my own unique passions and talents. Getting out of the race allowed me to be more mindful of my values and opening myself up to pure pleasures in life.

God has been seriously blessing my me and my family

No comments: