Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pictures from vacation and a reminder of why I am grateful

Aaron and I went to Louisville, KY for vacation. Our mission? To visit some friends and get away from Indianapolis for a while to have some fun.


After we checked into our hotel, we visited some stopped by to meet our friends who had recently moved to southern Indiana. We went to dinner and got to see their beautiful new house.


We had a great time talking with them and visiting their sweet dog!


The next day, we went to the Louisville Slugger museum. Neither of us are big baseball fans, but this museum was actually REALLY fun! The batting cages were the best part.



By far, the best most exciting part of our vacation was taking a hot air balloon ride. HOLY COW. It was really cool! We grazed the trees while the sun began to set over the open fields. We could see deer running through the woods and people cooking out on their decks.


A few photos:






We also took a cruise on the Ohio River which was quite relaxing : )


The last night of our vacation, we ordered pizza, went to a comedy club, then had fancy dessert at the rotating restaurant in our hotel. Haha, I think the dessert cost more than our pizza!






We finished out the night by taking a walk and cooling off in the fountain outside the hotel.




I was grateful for getting away for a while, although admittedly, I had trouble relaxing. Taking a vacation, although not to an exotic location, reminded me that I am very lucky that my jobs allows me vacation time. I am also reminded that I am fortunate enough to be able to afford vacation. With so many people out of work, I am really just glad to have a job to take vacation from.

I just can't wait to take my next vacation : )

No comments: