Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dog walks, babies, and wedding news

Recently, I hosted a dog walk in my neighborhood to benefit the chihuahua rescue from which I adopted Bella. It's called Donna's Chihuahua rescue: http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IN205.html

Unfortunately, I didn't have the greatest turnout, but we still raised $144! There were about 10 walkers, and we had a great time. Miss Bella was hands down the worst behaved dog present! You can bet that we've been working with her recently to be a better behaved little dog. At the end of the day, I was so glad to do it, even if we raised just a little bit of money. I plan to do another next year on a bigger scale if I can : )

Here are a few pictures from the big day!





















Here's a picture of the whole family: (Mimzy got to hang out at the registration table, so she got plenty of attention!)















In other news, I went to a baby shower recently! A couple of friends of mine from high school got married last year, and they are expecting a baby this year! It's seems so unreal that we're all grown up. This couple also has a bunny that they ADORE, so you know they'll be good parents ; )

Finally, Aaron and I have set a date and found a venue! We'll be having our ceremony and reception at Euphoria, which is a restaurant housed in Buggs Temple on the northwest corner of downtown Indianapolis at the very end of the canal. Euphoria is located on the second floor, and we'll be having our ceremony on the balcony looking down the the canal and towards the Indy skyline. We'll head back into the restaurant afterwards for the recepection. We're going all vegetarian (of course!). The restaurant is soooo beautiful! There are linens on the tables with elegant glassware, and the room is richly colored in reds, dark wood, and gold. We've chosen a date of September 4. I just don't know if I can wait that long!

Here are a few pictures of the venue




No comments: