Monday, September 13, 2010

Old married lady


Nothing really has changed for us since we got married, and neither of us feel any differently. But the important thing is, we've committed our love publicly, and we had a fantastic time.

Looking back on some of the pictures from some of the guests, I am so glad that I don't look saturated in stress. I look happy, and at times during the ceremony and reception, I closed my eyes and determined to cherish the moment.

I spent quality time with my family and friends, and it did not matter whether or not all of the details matched the "signature colors" exactly. Nobody cared whether or not my invitations were hand calligraphied, or that we didn't have fresh flowers at the tables, or that instead of giving out favors, we chose to donate money to needy animals.

I'm not saying that if you want a white lace and roses that you're somehow having an unauthentic wedding, (in fact, I carried red roses, and I wore a lacy veil), but my point is that as we plan our weddings, we should all carefully consider whether or not the choices we make are a true reflection of ourselves or if we just feel pressured to conform

Yes, our wedding was a bit quirky with a pit bull in a dress, a magician at the reception, and a vegan menu, but the connection, sincerity, and time together were the only things that really mattered.

No comments: