Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crazy changes!

Two things that have dramatically changed in my life over the past few weeks:

1. Graduation from college and working full time for my company
2. Getting engaged!

Since starting work last week, I have been up to my eyeballs in work. This past week, we worked 12 hours most days, and I had trouble finding time to even go to the bathroom from 9-5. And then came Friday! Aaron and I worked in the office until 5am on Thursday/Friday, and then we had to back at work at 8am. I thought the day would end at 5:30pm after checking in my employees at the last event, but I ended up working an event because of bad attendance and didn't get home until 1am. I slept until 3 on Sunday...and then took a nap.....

I'm glad that business is going so well, but it was killing me last week! But I guess I do have a wedding that I need to pay for!

So the engagement! Aaron surprised me the day after graduation, and now we're trying to find time to enjoy our engagement! Aaron's engagement consisted of taking me to the place where we first kissed and where he asked me to prom and then knowing how important having my family and friends are, he had an engagement party waiting for me after he proposed. By the time I realized what was happening, I felt breathless, and I was afraid that I couldn't speak. I know that I want the wedding to be really small and intimate, because after working dozens of weddings through my company, I just prefer a more personal feel.

I am really looking forward to begin wedding plans, but I really want to keep in mind that this is just the first and probably largest party that we will plan as a couple to celebrate the fact that we are commiting our lives to one another. So if you see me and I'm entirely too wrapped up in probably meanial wedding details, tell me to snap out of it ; )

No comments: