Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Longing for the end

Since I didn't have classes today, I'm working in Indianapolis this afternoon. I mentioned briefly in my profile about the business I own, but here's a bit more background:

We own a food service and hospitality staffing company, so we place banquet servers, bartenders, kitchen staff, etc. at hotels and banquet facilities in the Indianapolis area. We've been in operation for about two years now, and we've been through some tough stuff. So far, we've dealt with just being young, not having much money for a start-up, a lawsuit from a big company, and being full-time students separated from our business by geography.

Despite all the hardships, I've had a heck of a good time working for myself. Among the awesome stuff, my business partner is my boyfriend, Aaron, I have my own office, I get to see a lot of really cool, expensive parties, I've had a lot of much better at netorking, and I have some great employees and clients.

In May, Aaron and I will be graduating, and I cannot wait to work in the office. For the past two years, we've had to hold ourselves back from growing the company as quickly as we would like to, and there are a lot of big accounts that we've got our eyes on. Not only that, but we'd love to start expanding to other cities in the next couple of years.

There's just something I can't explain about how I feel towards working full time for my company with Aaron. I'm looking forward to the sales meetings, talking with clients and employees, getting a bigger office, not riding the bus, not having to sit through classes, not taking exams, and not living so far away from my business.

In the next year or so, Aaron and I will be starting real life together, and I'm just excited to see what the future will hold for us and for our business.

No comments: