Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving: A time to remember why I'm blessed

think that for a lot of people, including myself, it's really easy to feel discontent at times. For me, I tend to feel frustrated about the amount of sleep I'm getting, classes, relationships, income, and I think most of us would all like a better bod!

In the midst of Thanksgiving, I'd like to consider some things that I truly appreciate out of my life because when I give it careful consideration, the blessings I have in my life almost bring me to tears.

First of course, I'm thankful for my Lord and savior who sent his son to die for my sins so that I could have eternal life. Admittedly, my faith has waned at times, and I've struggled with doubts, fears, and I've disappointed God. Certainly, I'm not a good person inherently, but I wouldn't be the same person that I am without my faith.


My family has always been pretty close, and I cherish those relationships as well. My dad and I always have a great time going to Pacers games and talking. We're so much alike, it's scary sometimes. He's also the person who I go to for business advice when I don't know how to handle something. and Mom is one of my very best friends. We couldn't be any different, but she is beautiful and so is her personality, and she is always there to listen to personal problems and be my voice of reason. She's also my shopping and scrapbooking buddy! My brother and I have a relationship that has developed over the years, and so has my respect for him. I would consider him a genius, and I've often gone to him for help with math (which he is amazing at). He's had his share of struggles, and he's defeated them, and for that, I am impressed. We have a similar sense of humor, and we're always showing each other the latest youtube video or standup comedian we've heard.

The list wouldn't be complete without Aaron. I've never felt closer to another human being on the earth, and he understands me in a way that nobody does. He supports me in any way that a person can support another, and I know that he's ready to listen at any moment. He also shares my love for Mimzy (which I think few people could!) and animals in general. Aaron is a great everything, and I could fill pages and pages of praise for him.

There's also a score of things that I take for granted each day like my ability to hear, see, and walk. I'm not sick, and neither are my family and friends. I am in a really great business program that provides me the problem of too many opportunities, a successful business, I have hope for the future, and I am not in need of anything. I may be a horrible story teller, and I may not be able to run at a blistering speeds, but I have rhythm, and I have been blessed with a good singing voice.

Although it may be a bit corny, I urge you to consider all the wonderful things in your own life. Likely, you'll find more blessings than frustrations.

No comments: