I am posting pictures as promised:
Here she is! Meet Bella
Glamour Shots ; 0
Also, I thought I would post an awesome recipe that I recently made. I found it on a copycat recipe website, and it's for the lettuce wrap appetizer at P.F. chang's. It is SO close to the restaurant version, and I would highly recommend giving it a try. I've made it twice now, and the first time, it took me a little while, but I was much faster at making it tonight. Also, the recipe calls for chicken, but I've recently stopped eating meat, so I made it with extra-firm tofu tonight, and it was excellent!
Oh, and here are some more pictures:
1) Me enjoying ; )
2) My lettuce wraps:
3) The recipe: Enjoy!
P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1/2 pound of extra-firm tofu
• 1 cup water chestnut
• 2/3 cup mushroom
• 3 tablespoons chopped onions
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 4-5 leaves iceberg lettuce
Special Sauce Ingredients
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (I used regular vinegar)
• 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon hot mustard
• 2 teaspoons hot water
• 1-2 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste (I just used chili powder because it chili paste was hard to find)
Stir Fry Sauce
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1. Make the special sauce by dissolving the sugar in water in a small bowl.
2. Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and sesame oil.
3. Mix well and refrigerate this sauce until you're ready to serve.
4. Combine the hot water with the hot mustard and set this aside as well.
5. Eventually add your desired measurement of mustard and garlic chili sauce to the special sauce mixture to pour over the wraps.
6. Bring oil to high heat in a wok or large frying pan.
7. Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes per side or done.
8. Remove chicken from the pan and cool.
9. Keep oil in the pan, keep hot.
10. As chicken cools mince water chestnuts and mushrooms to about the size of small peas.
11. Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
12. When chicken is cool, mince it as the mushrooms and water chestnuts are.
13. With the pan still on high heat, add another Tbsp of vegetable oil.
14. Add chicken, garlic, onions, water chestnuts and mushrooms to the pan.
15. Add the stir fry sauce to the pan and saute the mixture for a couple minutes then serve it in the lettuce"cups".
16. Top with"Special Sauce".