Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ode to Mimzy

As promised, here is my post about my beloved bunny, Mimzy.

She became a part of my family on June 30, 2007 when her owners did not want her anymore. I took her in, and she has remained one of the most important "people" in my life ever since! She currently resides in Bloomington with me in my apartment behind my red futon, where she happily munches on her hay, lettuce, celery, and other green goodies that she loves. Her hobbies include running around my apartment, being pet on the top of her head, shredding her phone book and towel, taking care of her stuffed animal, and of course, eating.

Don't be fooled by her fuzzy exterior; Mimzy is a beast. If touched in the wrong spot, she will turn into an attack bunny, and you'd better watch your fingers! Also, she will not stop at anything to be pet as she desires and will nibble your pants until you pay attention. It is best to keep valuables out of bunny reach too, as she loves to chew on anything that she can get her paws on!
This is one of my favorite pictures of the little girl:
I think she's beautiful!

An update since my last post: It took me several days to recover from the video I saw last week. It has inspired me to become more involved in improving animal welfare. I plan to do all that I can to make progress towards this cause. One avenue that I would like to go down in order to achieve this goal is to educate people about animal abuse through my company. I plan to collect some literature about animal welfare to put in my office, and I know about a low cost spay/neuter clinic in Indianapolis that I want to share with others. I have about 400 people in my database of staff--what a wonderful opportunity to tell others about my passion! I also want to start donating food, litter, and blankets to the animals at shelters in town, and if I am able to (emotionally), I will certainly donate my time.

If you are interested in learning more about animal welfare, I am more than happy to share the little knowledge that I have accumulated over the last few days.

Also, I decided to post the video that impacted me so greatly from the other day. Please watch with CAUTION, however. It is very shocking and disturbing, but I think its purpose is to inspire others to make a difference in the lives of animals. Note: I am not a member of PETA, but I do support SOME of the things that the organization does, however, not all. This video is for educational purposes only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-kvZq4ARg4

No comments: