Monday, August 24, 2009

My progress so far

School's going back for most, so I thought I would take a quick inventory...

Housing:
It's true, I did say I wanted to move out of my parents' house by August, and here it is, almost September, and I'm still here. The good thing is that I am able to save more for my wedding, retirement (did I just say retirement?), and I'm also able to help my parents finish the odd jobs and projects that they don't have the time to get to. We've recently painted and tiled their basement. You should've seen the carpet--heinous!!

Business:
In terms of my business, I've spent the last three years reinvesting money into it to make it better and better, but now, I've gotten to the point where I am happy with its status, and I am finally taking a paycheck! Momma's so proud! It feels good to finally take something. It's given me a little extra motivation : )

I'm also getting ready to launch my second business related to food service. I can't wait for it to get off the ground!! Stay tuned for details. I'll be posting them soon!

Extra-curriculars:
Finally, I am so happy with the activities that I chose to do outside of work--I am of course, volunteering with the FACE low-cost spay/neuter clinic, and I'm also working with the Humane Society to learn about how I can help them expand their youth animal rights. I'm still kind of in limbo in finding a church, though, and I'm always willing to take suggestions!

General:
Since establishing a more permanent home, I've developed better habits of exercising, sleeping, and general well being. Boy, does that feel good!

So is my progress as quick as I'd like? No. Do I like the direction I'm headed? You bet.

No comments: